Monday, August 4, 2008

Good Day, World!

Greetings.....

This is my very first blog...and I must say...."I am happy to be here." I am looking forward to expressing my opinions on a range of issues that I excite me on both personal and professional levels. I believe it is important for fellow bloggers to know my emotional state at this particular point in time. I am mad. I am upset. I am sincerely disgruntle about the state of affairs in the world at a macro-level. These national and global affairs are affecting me in an uniquely negative fashion at a micro-level....and have been doing so...in an intense way for the last eight years.

I can not be EXACTLY sure that the policies of George W. Bush have a large part to do with my day-to-day stresses...but I believe there's a strong possibility this might be the case. I guess this would be a good time to inform everyone that I'm a political-type of guy. ...and it's not that I long to be a politician, but I DO believe Sun Tzu, Bob Marley, and Tupac Shakur were on to something when they declared, "It's all political." Almost everything is political. The argument can be made that politics rules the world. Murray Edelman (1988) would most likely inform me that George Bush is just spectacle, figurehead, scapegoat... Cool... no problem... That actually makes me feel better about railing against him and his conservative agenda. I don't know about you guys...but I'm a fan of Barack Obama...and I can't wait for him to get into the White House. The World wants change...and American NEEDS change. ...and Barack's just the man for the job.

...but there will also be plenty of time for those discussions as well...

Because this is my first blog, it is also a good time to inform you all that I'm a representative of the ghettoGEEKS movement. In due time, you will have access to that blogspot through this one. ghettoGEEKS is a collection of erudites who believe in viewing society through veritas. Notice that I did not say through "rose-colored lenses," "conservative lenses," "liberal lenses," or any other bullshit label that "doctors of spin" would like to utilize. ghettoGEEKS is a collection of individuals who understand oppression from a first-hand point of view. These individuals did not go to school and pick up literature that explains oppression and "ghettoization." These are individuals who have such a robust experience with the "ghetto" that they can write books on the topic. In the same instance, they also understand, through first-hand experience, facets and experiences of the academy. They are simulataneously "the intelligentsia." They understand the rigors of formal education, and the responsibility, discipline, and creativity that allows one to acheive success within systems of education ranging from high schools to universities. We are the epitome of "organic intellectuals."

That's all for now....please stay tuned for wonderful ideas, discussions, arguments, etc. I look forward to sharing with you all.

Peace.

3 comments:

Cherie CoCo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherie CoCo said...

hey mister...

so glad to see that you started blogging. they say blogging is for people who have nothing better to do than spend hours playing on the internet typing away about how they feel. i believe blogging is for those so full of emotion may it be happiness, anger or all of those in between that they just can not hold it in so they BLOG!!! ;)

i can not wait for you to get some more blogs up. i will be sure to view them and comment.

in the meantime you should check out my blog at http://chinadickerson.blogspot.com

;) LATERZ!!!

lucystrawberry said...

It is so true that everything is political. I actually wanted Obama to run for president NOW instead of waiting because I was worried that if he spent more time in Washington he would stop being a leader and turn into a politician. You spent too much time in Washington and it's bound to happen.